Monday, April 9, 2012

BACK TO WORK MEANS BACK TO REALITY!

It was so hard to go back to work today after having 5 days off, I wanted just one more day! I did manage to get all of my spring cleaning done and still found time to stitch.

I hopped from one WIP to another and here is some of what I worked on.



ART DECO FASHIONISTA
Designed By: Lesley Teare 


"ADIA, THE GARDEN FAIRY"
Designed By:  Nora Corbett


SPOOKY WELCOME
By:  Stoney Creek



A SOCIABLE SCARECROW
Designed By:  Glendon Place



"THE STARGAZER"
Designed By:  Nora Corbett

These are just a few of the ones I worked on over the last five days.

Which brings me to a question, how many WIP's do you have?  Chelle from Life On the Domestic Front recently asked me this question but I'm afraid if I tell her the actual number she will insist that I be carted off to rehab, and fast!  

I just can't help myself, I see something I want to stitch and I start it.  It's a miracle that I ever actually finish anything, but I do.  Really.  I do.  Hey, I could be doing worse things, right?

Happy Stitching!!

13 comments:

Chelle said...

Well, it's not like I don't have a bulging bag full of WIPs and just got my first Heaven and Earth Design project, which is apparently a HUGE commitment.

So no, I would NEVER suggest you be carted off to rehab...unless it involved a resort with a huge comfy room for stitching and a professional finisher to teach us how! :o)

Chelle said...

P.S. I LOVE the stargazer. I might have to get myself a Nora Corbett to add to my WIPs...shhh...don't tell anyone!

Linda said...

Great progress on all your pieces Carrie. I have about 90 pieces started. (Don't tell anybody) lol

Linda

Chelle said...

Okay. That's WAY more than I have! Linda, don't you feel overwhelmed? I don't think I'd have any idea what to work on! I already feel that way with oh maybe 10?

Carrie said...

Having a lot of WIPS can be overwhelming but it still doesn't stop me from starting more and more! LOL

Anonymous said...

First of all Adia is just beautiful. She's stunning. If you want to come help me with my spring cleaning just say the word! I only work on one project at a time. I like to finish something before I start another...I'm the say way with books.

Kelly
www.twofriendscrafting.blogspot.com

Chelle said...

I agree, Carrie. It hasn't stopped me either! LOL

Veronica said...

Beautiful stitching, Carrie. Well, the way I see it, stitching is meant to be a hobby so it doesn't matter how many WiPs you have as long as you're having fun with it :) That should take away all the guilt of new starts :P

Hugs,
Veronica.

Lesleyanne said...

All of your projects look gorgeous. I don't think it matters how many WIPs you have as stitching is a hobby.

Carol said...

Lots of nice projects here, Carrie!! I am pretty much a one-project-at-a-time stitcher--not sure I could handle lots of WIPs, but if it works for you, that's great :)

Anonymous said...

Your WIP's are looking great! I'm a one project at once kind of stitcher but if you are enjoying all your projects then it doesn't matte how many you have on the go!

dulcinella said...

Carrie, I have given you a Liebster award! You can check it out at my blog http://ladulcinella.blogspot.com/.
congratulations!

Melissa said...

Resisting the urge to start a new project that is just calling out to be stitched has got to be the hardest thing ever!!! I know I've got about 20 charts that I have just sitting in my cupboard just waiting for the day they'll be pulled out. I use those "waiters" as motivation to get my current project(s) completed.

Oh and your stitching so gorgeous! I've fallen in love with Nora Corbett and her designs. I just ordered two in fact :)

Happy Stitching!